Sunday, July 1, 2012

the haps

Well I haven't blogged for a bit. We are and have been in Ogden now for over a month. We are all moved in and loving our new basement. I especially love our kitchen. I feel like I am cooking more and keeping it clean better and I just like it. 

 Flash is adjusting well too. She has found a kind of funny spot to sit for a bunny. She sits for hours on one of our chairs under the  kitchen table. If I can't seem to find her she is usually on that chair. (pictures to come in another blog) 

We really like our new ward. Everyone has been super friendly and nice. I already have a calling. I am a primary teacher for the 7-8 year old kids. I actually taught them for the first time today and it was pretty fun. It's nice to teach so simply. I feel like I even learn more. Matt sort of kind of might have a calling... They asked him about one, but they hadn't released the other person so we will see. 

Work is going good for both of us. Matt is still enjoying his job. I actually had one job and now have a different one. For the first month I worked at a day care with Elementary aged kids in a summer program. It was fun at times and at other times it was not. I felt like I was constantly nagging and raising my voice, because kids can be mean sometimes.  I actually started losing my voice, because I wasn't used to talking to so loud. They just couldn't seem to stop hitting each other or saying mean things. So one day after work I decided I couldn't take it much longer so I started looking for something else and somehow I found something within about a week. I got a new job working with 1 little girl with autism. I started last week and I absolutely love it. It's just for the rest of the summer, so I will eventually need to find something else, but for now it is great! Oh and it pays much better, which is another bonus. 

Other then that not much is new with us. We have gone to Matt's Families cabin 2 times now, which has been fun. I like getting out and being in the mountains and not having a TV. It's very relaxing. We hope to go on a few little adventures through out the rest of the summer, but we haven't decided on what for sure yet. So we are kind of boring right now, but life is good. 






No comments:

Post a Comment