Friday, July 8, 2016

May Things

Spring comes a little bit later up here at Bear Lake,
but once it's here it's sure nice to be outside. 


Happy Mother's Day!
 I love being this little blonde girl's mom. She brings me so much happiness. 
I couldn't imagine life without her. 


This is Autumn's Horse! 
Well it's really our neighbors, but she loves it like it's her own. 
We go down often and bring it carrots and apples. 

We have great neighbors. We often go and play in their backyard. Autumn loves their trampoline, pink play house, and sandbox. 


Mashed potato face. I love this girl's cheesy smiles. She's a little ham. 
I have been doing a little more sensory play times. We have done water, shaving cream, and cloud dough. It's been a bit messy, but a lot of fun. I didn't take a picture of the dough, but it was easy to make (just flour and oil) and really soft to play with. 


Just hanging out in the wild part of our yard.

Our cherry tree finally got some blossoms. This tree is struggling a bit. I hope it survives so we don't have to plant a new one. It looks half dead so I'm not sure it can come back from that. 


These two are pretty good friends. 


We found all of these wild flowers in our wild yard!








Can you spot the eggs?
We found these killdeer bird eggs just on the side of the dirt road that goes up behind our house. We knew there had to be a nest somewhere because the parents would try to distract you by acting hurt.  Matt finally spotted this little nest one day despite their good efforts. 
I was really looking forward to seeing these cute little chicks hatch, but their story is a sad one. I went up to check on them one day and found 2 lifeless bodies and 1 nearly lifeless. We think the magpies in the area may have been the cause of their deaths. I tried to help the one that was still breathing by trying to give him food, but I think he was just too injured. Both of its parents were still around too so I hopped they could help the little guy, I went up the next day to see if he had survived the night and found all 3 bodies gone and their poor parents grieving. I am too soft for this kind of thing and really hope we don't get any more nests on our road. :( And my hatred for magpies has grown immensely.

Sorry for the sad story. Next month will be the start of our Happy Fun Summer Adventures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment