Sunday, August 21, 2011

*More Summer*

Pinegar Family Reunion

Our next little trip we headed to the Homestead in Midway. We were able to visit with all my extended family on my Mom's side. I kind of forgot to take pictures, but it was lots of fun!  We had a delicious breakfast, we went on a little hike, we went swimming, we had a pizza party, we played lots of games/sports. We played a epic volleyball game. My team was lucky enough to have a pro though. My cousin plays on BYU-Hawaii's volleyball team. We played against 6 of my freakishly tall and skinny teenage guy cousins. They all took off their shirts and called themselves the mad dogs. It was pretty funny. They were barking and being weirdos.  And our team was 4 girls and 2 boys. Oh and we won of course!


You may be wondering what TTTOW stands for? This was our family reunion shirt. Each reunion we ever have, we have a theme. Some of the past ones were JBN - just be nice, IAL - i am loved, BRiTD - be righteous in the dark, and so forth. So this year our theme was TTTOW -The Temple is The Only Way. I think it's really cool that we have these themes and are able to talk about them and improve. I also like how simple each theme really is, but how profound and impactful they can really be. If we all knew that we are loved, if we all could just be nice, if we all were doing good things even if no one else is looking... wouldn't that be great?

Anyhow we had a great Reunion! My grandparents talked to us about the Temple and it's importance, it was really neat. I am so thankful for Temples and that I was able to be married in one. I'm so happy for the ability to have a eternal family, to be with the people I love forever and ever. So the motto/theme is true...
The Temple is The Only Way!! it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment