Sunday, January 27, 2013

Shredding It Up

With the new year comes new goals and a new me or at least a slightly better me.

I like to have a few goals in all the different areas of my life. This month I have been focusing more on my physical goal which is to become a healthier me. I want to lose a few pounds, get stronger, and just feel full of energy.

Last year I began the year strong and then it just went down hill half way through the year. Losing weight and being healthy can be frustrating... really frustrating. Last year I lost about 10 pounds by the time we moved to Ogden. I gained half of that back over the summer then another 10 by the end of the year. I hate that now I am working on getting back to where I was before I lost those 10 pounds. It's just a never ending Roller Coaster, but I will keep trying.


 So on Jan. 31st I did my 30 day Shred DVD by Jillian Michaels and little did I know that I would actually be doing the 30 day challenge. I found out that day that my friend Ashley decided to start doing the 30 day shred too, so we both decided to help each other out and really do this thing. We decided to text each other after we completed the workout, which motivated me to do it if I hadn't yet. There are 3 work outs on the DVD so I decided to do each workout for 10 days. I can proudly say that I am on workout #3 and I have only 6 days left! The DVD is only 20-25 minutes long, but it is a killer. I have also been trying to run a day or 2 a week as well as doing the DVD (those days are the worst). I can't say that I have lost a ton of weight, but I definitely feel stronger. After I finish this next week I'm still going to work out, but I think I will mix things up a little bit. I think by doing the challenge it has given me the motivation and will power that I need to keep going strong. Now I need to work on eating a little bit better.




1 comment: