Thursday, August 8, 2013

our GARDEN + FLASH + the PARK

We planted Strawberries last year and they came back in full force this year. 
We got a lot of sweet sweet strawberries! They were delicious! 

 We also planted Corn, Cucumbers, and Zucchini this year. 

Our Garden really flourished at the beginning, but the summer heat was a little too much. We won't be getting any cucumbers and we are iffy about our zucchinis. We have been able to eat some corn, which has been tasty, but we won't get as much as we thought. Some of the stalks are dying and have dried out. I guess too much sun and not enough water? 


 Flash playing down by the Garden. She loves to be outside. 



My sister Paige orchestrated a park play group for the summer. I went a couple times to get out of the house and to play with my cute nephews and niece. 







 We saw some TURTLES at the pond along with some baby DUCKS! They were all sitting on a log together. It was a strange sight to see. I didn't know ducks and turtles were friends. 








2 comments:

  1. Your garden is lovely! We grew zucchini last year, and they did great. I started them from seed in June and by the end of August I had some big ones! I'm sure you have researched it already as to what the cause could have been... but since it's been so warm down there (here, not so much) i'm guess you're right with the heat. Things like that need about an inch of water a day. I'm so jealous of your garden! Mine has had to be mostly flowers because those are really the only things that come back each year. Except raspberries. Flash is adorable. I think he'd get along great with my black cat, Dexter. We miss you guys. We were just talking the other night about cool you guys are and how we miss hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever want some zucchini just holler. I can bring some over some time or you can drop by. We have 4 sitting on the counter right now. :) Our cukes didn't make it this year. Loved your pictures of our playgroup adventures. Love the ones of the kiddos but I really like the turtles and the ducks together. Looks like some fun trip fun this summer as well. :)

    ReplyDelete