Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Goodbye 4 Runner (2014)

Matt came home a little late one evening looking like this. I asked what had happened and he said he had been in a car accident. It was the first little snow fall of the year and while coming down the Laketown canyon he started to slide. Our car's tires were super bald and we were planning on getting new ones the next day. He slid like crazy and eventually ended up rolling off and down a 15 foot hill/cliff. After hearing that, I was surprised all he had was that small scratch on his forehead (which looked like nothing once the blood was wiped away). He was able to climb out of the car and catch a ride home with a UPS man (no phone service). 

 This accident reminded me that miracles most definitely still do exist - small and large. You see that large dent in the back of the car, well that is where it hit a giant boulder. If that would have hit the front... I think this story would have ended much differently. Also the window broke on the drivers side, but Matt didn't get cut. The floor mat somehow shifted up and blocked the glass. Also if Matt would have be knocked out or unable to get out of the car. I don't think he would have been found for a very very long time. And remember there was no phone service where he was. I would have started worrying eventually, and gotten help, but the men who towed our car out had such a hard time finding it even with directions. You could not see our car from the road at all. So I am so glad he was able to get out on his own. All in all I feel so grateful that this man of mine is alive and well. He wasn't even sore the next day. He was definitely being watched over, that is for sure. 




p.s. I do miss my 4 Runner, I felt like I was cool whenever I drove it, but it's just a car. We have a little white Honda Accord now and we actually have another older white 4 Runner :). I just need to learn to drive stick now.

No comments:

Post a Comment