Thursday, March 17, 2016

Oregon Coast with the Wahlquist Family

Matt and I decided that we would drive through the night so that Autumn would be asleep for most of the 12 or so hour drive. She did great! She woke up once sometime in the middle of the night, but went back to sleep until we were just a hour or two away. I on the other hand had a hard time with the whole driving through the night. Matt took the first shift form about 8 or 9 until almost 2 am. When it was my turn I hadn't slept much so I barely made it more than an hour or so. We took a little nap, but eventually powered through. Well Matt did at least. Although we were quite tired, it was amazing that we could be at the Ocean just from one day to the next.  
What a Happy Girl! I think she knew that we were about to get out of the car. 
I love her smile with the lopsided top teeth(9-10 Months old they started popping through).
We made it and she loved it!
 Autumn really enjoyed playing on the sandy beaches and crawling all around way way fast. 
She also really liked walking to the waters edge while holding our hands. 
She wasn't scared to walk in it either.
 (She had just started walking with help right around this time)
We spent a few hours waiting at this beach for the rest of the family to join us. We didn't mind the wait one bit. It was such a a great day to be at the beach. It was quite warm for Oregon. 

We stayed in a really nice place that was just right across the street from the beach. We spent a few days just playing right around there and then went out a few days to some other great
 beaches to find  tide pools and waterfalls.




This little crab reminded me that we got to eat fresh crab right from the 
Ocean one evening for our dinner. 
It was so delicious!




We had such a wonderful time in Oregon with the whole family. It was so fun to have Cameron back from his mission. I am so grateful to have married into such a fun loving family. 

All the brothers built this awesome sand castle and were waiting
 for the tide to come in to wash it away...
We had fun jumping around to get some cool photos as the sun was going down. 

This one is of Matt, Cameron, and Kyle. 
Matt and Cameron. 

The water finally came!



What a fun trip we had. I love the Oregon Coast so much and the beach and ocean in general! I could go every year, well really everyday if I could.
I suppose I got a Lake and beach right out my front door, which is pretty awesome actually.
I hope we can make it back to the beach soon.
Autumn sure loved it and we sure loved it too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment